Welcoming Baby Leo | birth story

By the title you can already tell that I had gave birth to another beautiful baby boy! He came unexpectedly two weeks early on July 23 at 2:30 pm and we couldn't be happier to welcome him into our lives. There had been quite an adjustment the first week but we are slowly getting used to having three kids now. So let's get into my birth story.. I was so ready to have this boy already as time gets closer but I didn't think he would come early as my last came at three days before his due date. So you never know third baby can come early or later. I was trying to be as active as I can but feeling so uncomfortable walking or go anywhere at this point. On Thursday (four days before he was born) morning I had my 37 weeks check up and was told I was 3/4 cm dilated. I was so nervous because I remember with my first born I was at 2 cm dilated but was having contractions than about two hours later I jumped up to 6 cm dilated and was kept back in the hospital ready to have her that night. I was so sure I would have him that day or the next but I didn't feel any strong contractions and were sent home. The next four days I was so determined to get him out already so I woke up early and walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Fast forward to Saturday I started getting thick discharge (I know TMI) but nothing like gush of fluid so I was just waiting to see if I was cramping or anything yet still nothing. I would feel so sore from walking and very fatigued. I googled about my discharge and sure enough I was getting symptoms of early signs of labor. Yet I didn't want to go to the hospital too soon only to be sent home again. So I decided to wait. On Sunday night I kept having to go pee and was feeling really tired and something tells me that I could be in labor real soon. Sure enough the very next morning I woke up at 6 am to used the restroom the moment I stood up there were fluids gushing down. I was like that was odd because I never experienced my water break with my last two so I was wondering if it's because I still had to peed. I went sat down in bed while my husband is sleeping I woke him up and told him honey I think my water broke. Than I went back to the bathroom and so much fluids were gushing out. I was like yup my water broke and we both had rushed to the hospital. At that point I still didn't feel any contraction. I was like that's very strange usually contraction would be strong by now. If it kept going I would be in labor and probably give birth very soon with no epidural. So when we were admitted to the hospital the doctor probably thought I was crazy for not feeling any strong contractions but my water broke. Come to find out the reason was that my fluid bag wasn't fully broken so the dr. had to break it in order for my contraction kick in. Once I felt contraction I couldn't handle it I had to get the epidural. Not long after I was dilated to 10 cm and was ready to push. I pushed for a good 30 mins and he finally came out. I couldn't be more relieved. He was probably the hardest to push but the easiest in labor. We couldn't be so happy that he finally came at two weeks early. I am soaking in all the newborn stage because I know this moment won't last forever. As for my other two they just adore their baby brother.

Welcome Baby Leo 
Born July 23, 2018 
at 2:30 pm






Comments